A political blog is a platform where you can share your thoughts and ideas about politics with the world. It is a great way to connect with like-minded people, learn about new topics, and engage in thoughtful discussion.
Starting a political blog can be a great way to make money online. There are many ways to monetize a blog, such as through advertising, affiliate marketing, and selling digital products.
In this guide, you will learn how to start a political blog in 2023. We will cover everything you need to know from choosing a niche to promoting your content. By the end of this guide, you will have all the information you need to get started on your own political blog
So let us jump right in.
How to Start a Political Blog in 7 Steps
- Define Your Political Blogging Goals
- Choose a Political Niche
- Pick & Register a Blog Domain Name
- Setup WordPress
- Write & Publish Blog Posts
- Promote Your Political Blog
- Monetize & Make Money
1. Define Your Political Blogging Goals
The first step to starting any blog is to define your goals. Why do you want to create a political blog? What topics do you want to cover? How often do you want to post?
Answering these questions will help you narrow down your focus and determine what kind of content you should be creating.
Here are a few questions to consider when setting your goals:
- What is your motivation for starting a political blog?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- Who is your target audience?
- What topics are you passionate about?
- How often do you plan on posting new content?
What is a Political Blog?
A political blog is a blog that covers topics related to politics. This can include anything from current events and news to opinion pieces and analysis. Political blogs can be about any type of politics, from local and national, to international and global.
Why Start a Political Blog?
There are many reasons to start a political blog. Maybe you want to share your opinions on current events or offer an analysis of different political issues. Perhaps you want to connect with like-minded people or make some extra money by monetizing your blog.
No matter what your motivation is, starting a political blog can be a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world.
The benefits of starting a political blog include:
- Promote your own political career and campaign
- Helps you build a career as a political journalist or commentator.
- Make money writing about politics
- Improve your research, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Share your opinions on current events
- Engage in thoughtful discussion with others
How much money can you make from political blogging?
The amount of money you can make from your political blog depends on several factors, such as the amount of traffic you get, the number of blog posts, and your monetization strategy. You can make anywhere between $10 to $25 for every 1000 views you get on your ads. The median ad income of a blog with 100 posts is $2815 per month.
2. Choose a Political Niche
The next step is to choose a niche for your political blog. A niche is a specific topic or focus that you will be blogging about. Choosing a niche will help you narrow down your blog’s focus, and make it easier to create content and promote your blog.
Why choose a niche?
When you first start blogging, it can be tempting to try and cover everything under the sun. But this is a mistake. Trying to be everything to everyone is not only impossible, but it will also make your blog feel scattered and unfocused.
Choosing a niche will help you zero in on a specific topic, and build an audience of people who are interested in that topic. It will also make it easier to create content, as you will know exactly what your target audience wants to read about.
How to Choose a Political Niche?
When choosing a niche for your political blog, there are a few things to consider:
- Your passions and interests: What topics are you passionate about? What do you like to read and write about?
- Your expertise: What do you know about politics? Do you have any special insight or knowledge that others don’t have?
- Your target audience: Who do you want to reach with your blog? Who are you writing for?
- Your competition: What other political blogs are out there? How can you make your blog stand out from the rest?
Here are a few examples of political niches to consider:
- Conservative politics
- Progressive politics
- Libertarian politics
- Green politics
- Feminist politics
- Marxist politics
- International Politics
Examples of Political Blogs
Sometimes looking at other political blogs will help inspire ideas of your own. Here are some of the more popular examples of political blogs:
This is a blog about US politics by political scientists and professors. The blog covers a wide range of topics, including budget, healthcare, and foreign policy.
2. Guido Fawkes
This is a blog by Paul Staines, who is a right-wing political commentator in the United Kingdom. The blog covers topics such as politics and current affairs.
This blog offers “liberal intelligence” on news, politics, and public affairs with articles from over 30 different contributors.
This blog is run by Colorado Peak Politics, a conservative news website. The blog covers state and national politics, with an emphasis on Colorado politics.
This is a progressive blog that was created in 2002 by Markos Moulitsas. It’s one of the most popular political blogs with over 3 million unique visitors every month.
3. Pick & Register a Blog Domain Name
Once you have chosen your niche, it is time to brainstorm a few names for your political blog.
We recommend you keep your political blog’s name to two words (Example: Peak Politics). One of the two words should be a keyword from your niche. The other word can be something that makes your website brandable. For example, our blog teaches people how to make passive income, so we have named it Passive Book.
Here are some of the words that you can mix and match into your blog name:
Use a Business Name Generator to brainstorm the name of your blog.
You can also use your own name for your blog. But if you ever plan to sell your website in the future, it is much more difficult to transfer your brand to the buyer when it is your name.
Check Domain Name Availability
After you have brainstormed a few names for your political blog, you should check if the .com domain name is available.
A blog’s domain name is the web address of your website (Example: PassiveBook.com). Your blog readers will have to type this in their web browser to visit your blog.
You must check if both the .com domain name and the social media handles are available. You can use Namechk to check the availability of both your domain name and social media handles.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a domain name:
- Choose a .com domain name. 86% of the internet uses .com, so your visitors are likely to try visiting your blog by typing .com. Avoid other extensions like .net or .org.
- Don’t include hyphens and numbers.
- Do not use words with multiple spellings (for example colour vs color).
- Shorter domain names are better. Try to keep it under 12 characters.
- Spelling & Pronunciation should be easy and intuitive.
- It should be easy to remember.
- Avoid words that can be misread together. For example, therapistjohn.com can be read as Therapist John or The Rapist John.
- Make sure it’s not trademarked or copyrighted by someone else. The AI writing software Jarvis.ai had to rebrand to Jasper.ai because Marvel sued them for the Iron Man reference. Lawsuits will happen once your blog is established.
Register a Domain Name
Once you decide your domain name it is time to register it.
You should register your domain with NameCheap because you will get domain privacy for free. Other providers charge $12 per year for domain privacy. Without domain privacy, your name, home & email address will be accessible to the public.
Step 1: Go to NameCheap. Enter your domain name with the .com extension.
Step 2: Select the .com extension and click the Add to Cart button.
Step 3: After adding the domain to the cart, click on the Checkout button.
Step 4: Enable Domain Privacy that comes for free along with auto-renew. You don’t need any other paid addon.
Step 5: Click on Confirm Order. Pay to complete your purchase.
Step 6: Log in to Namecheap and click on Domain List ❶ in the left sidebar and then click Manage ❷ next to the domain you just purchased.
Step 7: Under the Nameservers section, select “Custom DNS” from the dropdown ❶. Then enter the following two nameservers ❷ ns1.bluehost.com and ns2.bluehost.com as shown in the image. Then click the green tick ❸ to save. If you use a hosting provider other than Bluehost, enter their nameserver values in this step instead.
Can I get a free domain name?
Your web hosting provider might give you a free domain name for one year but they charge $12 for domain privacy which is free in Namecheap. From the second year, you will pay for both the domain and privacy which will cost you more than $20+. So it is cheaper to just register your domain with Namecheap from the beginning. Also using different companies for web hosting and domain registration will allow you to easily switch your blog host later without transferring domains.
Can I change the name of my blog later?
You will lose your search engine rankings if you change your blog’s name once it gets links from other websites. It will take as long as a year or more for you to regain the lost traffic. It is possible to mitigate problems by having proper redirects. But you will have to renew both your old and new domains every year. So try to avoid changing your blog’s name once it is established.
4. Setup WordPress
Now that you have chosen and registered a domain name for your political blog, it’s time to set up WordPress. WordPress is the most popular blogging platform with over 70% of the market share.
Why Choose WordPress.org?
WordPress.org is free open-source software that you can install on your web hosting to create a website.
It is the most popular platform with a large community of developers who continuously create themes and plugins to add more features and functionality to your blog.
WordPress.org vs WordPress.com
Do not confuse WordPress.org with WordPress.com. They are two different platforms with very different features and pricing.
WordPress.com is a commercial platform offered by the creators of WordPress. It is similar to Blogger or Tumblr where you create an account and they host your website for free (with limited features). You can upgrade to their premium plans to get more features. It is not recommended for serious bloggers who want to make money from blogging because it has many limitations. For example, you cannot run ads or sell products on a free WordPress.com blog.
On the other hand, WordPress.org is a free and open-source software that you can install on your web hosting. It gives you full control of your website and you can run ads, sell products, and do anything to make money from your blog.
Why Avoid Free Blogging Platforms
There are many free blogging platforms like Blogger, Tumblr, and Medium. While they might seem tempting because they are free, there are many reasons to avoid them.
- Blogs built on free platforms don’t rank in search engines. It will limit your blog’s growth greatly.
- Free blogging platforms have many limitations. In some platforms, you cannot run ads or sell products.
- If your blog violates their terms, they can delete it and you will lose all your hard work overnight. Many times this is done automatically by bots.
How much does it cost to start a political blog?
It will cost you $2.95 per month to host your WordPress political blog in Bluehost. A domain will cost you $12/year. So that is a total of $4.2 per month, which is less than the price of Netflix for all the unlimited features that a self-hosted WordPress blog has to offer.
What to do if you already have a free blog?
You can use a free import plugin to move your content from a free platform like Blogger or Tumblr to a self-hosted WordPress blog.
Install WordPress in Hosting
You need hosting to install WordPress.
A blog hosting account is a service that stores your blog’s files and makes them available on the web. You will need to purchase a hosting account to install WordPress.
For this guide, we will use BlueHost as our web host. It is a cheap hosting that is extremely easy for beginners to set up. If you use any other web host, the steps will be the same but the user interface may be slightly different.
1. Go to BlueHost using this link to get a special discount. Select WordPress > WordPress Hosting from the top menu.
2. Click on the button you see on this page and you will be taken to the pricing section.
3. Select the Basic Plan. You can upgrade to a different hosting plan as you grow.
4. If you already have a domain name that you purchased with Namecheap you can put that in the “Use a domain you own” ❶ section. If you don’t have a domain name yet, choose the “Create a New Domain” ❷ to purchase a new domain.
5. In the next screen, enter your information. Uncheck all package extras. If you purchase your domain through Bluehost instead of Namecheap, you may want to enable Domain Privacy. You won’t see the Domain Privacy option if you bought your domain through Namecheap. Namecheap will give you this Domain Privacy for free.
6. Once you have successfully paid, you will be prompted to set a password. Click on the “Create your Password” button.
7. Enter your password and create your account. If you lose this password, you can reset it.
8. After you set your password, log in to Bluehost.
9. Click on the Create your website button on the following screen. This will start a Bluehost Wizard, just click Skip this step wherever possible.
10. On the following page, click “No help needed” or “Skip this step”. We don’t want Bluehost to limit our customization options.
11. On the next page, you will be asked about the purpose of your website. You can choose from any of the available options.
12. On the next page, click Skip this step.
13. On the following page, enter the blog’s name and tagline. You can change this later so feel free to click “Skip this step” or enter something as a placeholder and click Continue.
14. Finally you will be asked how you want to build your website. Choose “Limitless customization” to have all the options.
15. You can see your blog by going to yourdomain.com. Go to the Bluehost dashboard and click on the My Sites tab ❶ in the left sidebar and click on the “Manage site” button ❷.
16. Your WordPress site has separate login credentials different from the ones you use to log into Bluehost. You can use this to log in to the WordPress dashboard directly without logging into Bluehost. To get this:
❶ Click on Users on top.
❷ You will be able to see your username and email that you can use to log in to WordPress.
❸ If you click on the three dots you will see the option to Reset your password. ❹
You can log into WordPress from the Bluehost dashboard by clicking the Log in to WordPress button ❺. But it is not recommended you rely on this as your primary login method because you will get locked out of your site if you ever change hosting providers.
17. You will be taken to the WordPress dashboard where you can reset your password ❶. If you don’t like the username Bluehost created for you, you can Add a New User ❷.
18. If you are adding a new user make sure you specify the user role as Administrator ❶. You can log in as the new user and safely delete the default user created by Bluehost.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up WordPress.
Now that you have the basic version of WordPress installed, it is time to customize it to make it look and feel the way you want.
Login to WordPress Dashboard
Visit yourdomain.com/wp-admin to access the WordPress dashboard.
Use the Email and Password you provided during installation to log in to your WordPress dashboard. If you don’t have a password, use the “Lost your password?” to generate a new password.
The WordPress Dashboard is the main area where you will manage your blog.
Install WP Themes
A WordPress Theme is a collection of files that determine the look and feel of your website. When you install WordPress, it comes with a default theme. You can change the look of your website by installing a new theme. There are thousands of free and premium themes available for WordPress.
Your new WordPress blog will be installed with a default blog theme that doesn’t look very great.
To install a new WordPress Theme:
Go to Appearance > Themes > Add New in your WordPress dashboard.
Use the search to find a theme that you like ❶. Before you install the theme, you can see a demo of the theme and learn about its features from the preview screen ❷. If you like the theme, you can install it by clicking the install button ❸. You can also upload a theme from a file on your computer ❹.
Once installed, click the Activate button to enable the theme.
Although you can use a free theme, we recommend using a premium theme.
Premium themes not only reduce your website’s load time but also help you customize your website to your heart’s desire.
Here are the premium themes we recommend:
There are also several custom-made political blog themes. These themes tend to be bloated with poor code which will slow down the performance of your website. We suggest getting one of our recommended themes for a fast website with unlimited customization possibilities.
Install WP Plugins
A WordPress Plugin provides additional features and functionality to your WordPress blog. There are thousands of both free and paid WordPress plugins available.
Too many wordpress plugins can slow down your blog site. So before you install new plugins, it will be worth clearing out any existing plugins that your hosting provider installed by default.
Plugins first need to be deactivated before they can be deleted.
❶ Go to WP Admin > Plugins > Installed Plugins
❷ Click on the checkbox to select all plugins.
❸ Select Deactivate from the drop-down.
❹ Click Apply.
❺ Repeat the above steps but select “Delete” instead of “Deactivate” from the dropdown in ❸ to delete all the deactivated plugins.
To install new plugins go to the WP Admin > Plugins > Add New.
On the plugins page:
❶ Search for the plugin you want in the search bar
❷ Click Install Now. Once you install the plugin, you must also activate the plugin for it to be enabled.
❸ If you are installing a paid plugin you can upload the plugin instead.
There are many different political blog plugins that you can install, but here are the ones which we recommend:
Backup Plugin: A WordPress Backup Plugin helps you create backups of your WordPress website. This is important because it allows you to restore your website if something goes wrong.
SEO Plugin: A WordPress SEO Plugin helps improve your website’s search engine rankings. It helps you attract more visitors to your website from search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Recommended Plugin: RankMath (paid).
Google Analytics Plugin: A WordPress Google Analytics Plugin helps collect and analyze traffic data from your website. This helps you track how many visitors are coming to your website, where they are coming from, and what pages they are visiting.
Cache Plugin: A WordPress Cache Plugin helps improve the performance of your WordPress website. This is important because a slow website can frustrate your visitors and cause them to leave your website.
Recommended Plugin: WP Rocket (paid).
Page Builder Plugin: A WordPress Page Builder Plugin allows you to create custom layouts for your pages and posts using a drag-and-drop interface. This allows you to create unique and custom pages that stand out from the competition.
Recommended Plugin: Thrive Architect (paid).
Security Plugin: A WordPress Security Plugin helps protect your WordPress website from hackers and malware. It helps keep your website safe and secure.
Recommended Plugin: Wordfence (free).
Social Media Plugin: A WordPress Social Share Plugin allows you to share your website’s content on social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It helps you promote your website’s content and attract more visitors.
Recommended Plugin: Easy Social Share Buttons (paid).
Once you have installed your theme and plugins, it is time to customize the wordpress blog platform:
Change Colors, Fonts & Spacing
You can set the font, colors, and spacing by going to Appearance > Customize in your WordPress dashboard. Premium themes like GeneratePress allow you to customize every aspect of your blog.
Check out our Blog Fonts & Typography guide to choose the right font and typography settings for your blog.
Add Your Logo
Get a logo designed for your blog from Fiverr. Then set the logo of your blog by going to Appearance > Customize in your WordPress dashboard. A logo is not required for a successful blog but it can definitely help appeal to your target audience.
Favicon is the image that appears in the browser tab and bookmarks. Set the Favicon from the Appearance > Customize section of the WordPress dashboard.
The header and the footer menu can be set from the Appearance > Menus in your WordPress blog dashboard.
You can nest menu items so that it appears as a dropdown menu ❶. You can use the menu as your primary or secondary navigation menu ❷. Don’t forget to save your menu ❸.
If you have a sidebar, you can add widgets to it. Go to Appearance > Widgets in your WordPress admin dashboard.
Check out the list of the most useful Blog Widgets and how to add them to your blog.
Set Title & Tag Line
The next step is to change your General Settings. Go to Settings > General in the WordPress Admin area.
You can set your Site Title, Tagline, and Time Zone from this screen.
The ideal URL structure for SEO is yourdomain.com/sample-post. Set your permalink structure by going to Settings > Permalinks in your WordPress blog dashboard.
Select the “Post name” radio button and save changes.
Enable Search Visibility
Chances are you want your blog to show up on Google so people can find you. Go to Settings > Reading in your WordPress dashboard.
To get search engine traffic, ensure the checkbox “Disable search engines from indexing this site” is Unchecked. You can find this option in Settings > Reading. Most of the time this should be unchecked by default but if it is not, then uncheck it to ensure your site gets traffic from search engines.
Adjust Comment Settings
Next, you will want to change the Discussion Setting (aka Comments). Go to Settings > Discussion in your WordPress admin area.
❶ You may want to enable or disable comments on this page. You can also disable pingbacks and enable comment moderation.
❷ You can also set comment approval settings.
If you want to design your blog further, check out our dedicated guide on blog design which has all our best blog design recommendations.
Create Static Pages
There are a few essential pages that you need to create for your political blog before you can start blogging.
Use pages in WordPress to add static content. Go to WP Dashboard > Pages > Add New.
- Write the headline of your content.
- Populate the body content
- Click the publish button.
You may want to create the following pages:
A home page is the main page of your website. It is the first page that your visitors see when they visit your website. The home page typically contains a welcome message, a list of your latest articles, and a link to your blog archives.
You can create a professional home page for your political blog using a page builder like Thrive Architect.
An about page is a page that tells your visitors who you are and what your website is about. The About page typically contains a brief description of you and your website, as well as a photo of you.
A contact page is a page that allows your visitors to contact you. The contact page typically contains a form that visitors can fill out to send you a message.
Use contact form plugins like Fluent Forms to create the form on your contact page.
Terms of Service
A terms of service page tells your visitors the rules they must follow when using your website. The terms of service page contain a description of what users can and cannot do on your website.
Use a terms & conditions generator like Termly to create it.
5. Write & Publish Blog Posts
Now that you have your political blog setup, it’s time to write and publish your first blog post. To craft the perfect blog post, check out our in-depth guide on How to Write A Blog Post. Here we will go over specific tips for a political blog.
1. Brainstorm Topics
You should brainstorm 100 topic ideas for your political blog. This will ensure that you always have content to write about in your political blog.
The goal is to find topics for your political blog that your audience is searching for on Google. The type of content you write on your political blog will depend on your specific niche.
Here are a few political blog post ideas, you can potentially cover in your political blog:
- Discussion & Debates
- Problems & Solutions
There are a few ways to brainstorm specific content:
Look at Competitors
Look at other political blogs in your niche and see what topics they are writing about. You can use a tool like BuzzSumo to see the most popular articles from a specific website.
One way to identify your competitors is to google a keyword from your niche. This will give you a list of political blogs that are targeting the same audience as you.
Do Keyword Research
Plug your keyword into a keyword research tool like KeywordTool.io to get other relevant keywords on the topic. The keyword research tool will give you a list of related keywords that you can use in your political blog posts.
Community & Forums
Another way to find topics for your political blog is to look in forums and communities related to your niche.
2. Create an Editorial Calendar
An editorial calendar is a tool that allows you to plan and organize your blog content.
The editorial calendar will help you to:
- Keep track of all the content you have published
- Schedule new content in advance
- Reuse old content
- Measure the performance of your blog posts.
Download Content Calendar Template
Steal our exclusive content calendar template. Have it delivered directly to your inbox:
3. Write a Blog Post
Now that you have a list of topics for your political blog, it’s time to start writing your first blog post.
News Analysis Post
News analysis blog posts are where you offer your perspective on current political events and developments. They are meant to provide an in-depth understanding of the current political situation, giving your readers a better understanding of the context and significance of the event.
Examples of News analysis post titles:
- “Breaking down the latest election polls”
- “Why the new healthcare bill is a game-changer”
- “Unpacking the implications of the Supreme Court ruling”
Tips for writing news analysis blog posts:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest political news and developments.
- Conduct thorough research on the topic you’re writing about.
- Provide a clear and concise summary of the event or development.
- Offer your own perspective and analysis of the event or development, including any potential implications or long-term effects.
Opinion pieces are political content where you share your thoughts and political views on a particular issue or topic related to politics like political parties. These posts can be more personal and subjective than news analysis posts, as they express the author’s personal views and political beliefs.
Examples of Opinion piece post titles:
- “Why I’m voting for candidate X”
- “Why the government’s new policy on X is a mistake”
- “Why we need to pay more attention to Y issue”
Tips for writing opinion pieces:
- Make sure you have a clear thesis or main argument that you’re trying to convey.
- Use evidence and examples to support your argument.
- Be respectful and considerate of other perspectives and opinions.
- Be prepared for feedback and criticism, and be willing to engage in a respectful dialogue with your readers.
Interviews blog posts are where you interview politicians, political analysts, or other experts in the field, giving your readers a chance to hear from the people who are directly involved in politics and policy-making.
Examples of interview post titles:
- “An interview with the mayor”
- “A conversation with a political strategist”
- “Q&A with a grassroots organizer”
Tips for writing interviews blog posts:
- Research the person you’re interviewing and prepare a list of thoughtful and relevant questions.
- Make sure the interviewee is comfortable with the format of the interview and that they understand how their responses will be used.
- Take notes during the interview and transcribe the interviewee’s responses for accuracy.
- Use the interviewee’s responses to provide context and insight into the topic or issue you’re discussing.
How-to guide political articles are meant to provide readers with tips and advice on how to get involved in politics or how to advocate for a particular issue. They can be a valuable resource for people who want to make a difference but aren’t sure where to start.
Examples of How-to guide post titles:
- “10 ways to get involved in local politics”
- “How to write a letter to your representative”
- “Tips for organizing a grassroots campaign”
Tips for writing how-to guide blog posts:
- Be clear and concise in your instructions.
- Use numbered lists and bullet points to make the information easy to follow.
- Provide resources and links to help readers learn more about the topic.
- Consider including images or videos to help illustrate your points.
Research-based blog posts use data and research to provide insight into a particular political issue or topic. They are meant to provide readers with an in-depth understanding of the issue and help them make informed decisions.
Examples of research-based post titles:
- “The effects of poverty on education: A study”
- “Research on the impact of climate change on the economy”
- “A closer look at voter demographics”
Tips for writing research-based blog posts:
- Conduct thorough research on the topic you’re writing about.
- Use data and statistics to support your arguments.
- Be sure to cite your sources, and provide links to the original research if possible.
- Use clear and simple language to explain complex concepts and findings.
Personal stories blog posts are where political bloggers share their own experiences and how they relate to politics. They can be a powerful way for a political blogger to connect with their readers and help them understand the personal impact of politics.
Examples of personal stories post titles:
- “My journey to becoming politically active”
- “How a local issue affected my community”
- “Why I’m passionate about X issue”
Tips for writing personal stories blog posts:
- Use specific examples and details to make the story more relatable and interesting.
- Be honest and authentic in your storytelling.
- Use the story to make a larger point or to illustrate a broader issue or trend in politics.
List-based blog posts are popular for their easy-to-digest format and for the ability to provide a lot of information in a short amount of time. They typically include a list of items, such as top politicians, political issues, or events.
Examples of List-based post titles:
- “Top 10 most influential politicians of the 21st century”
- “5 political issues that will shape the next decade”
- “The top 3 political books you should read”
Tips for writing list-based blog posts:
- Make sure the items on the list are relevant and interesting to your readers.
- Provide brief explanations or descriptions for each item on the list.
- Use images, videos, or other multimedia to make the post more visually engaging.
Write 5x Faster with AI
You can write your new blog post at 5x speed using the AI writing software Jasper. I was able to write over a hundred blog articles in 3 months using Jasper. This blog article you are reading right now was written with the help of Jasper. AI will not only help you write blog posts fast but also with higher quality.
Jasper can write plagiarism-free blog content, articles, social media content, emails, and ad copy. All you have to do is provide a few inputs on what you want and Jasper will do all the hard work of creating the blog content for you. No more writer’s block.
Check out the video below to see Jasper in action:
Try Jasper for free using the links on this page and get 10,000 bonus credits you can use to start writing your first articles.
Once you sign up for Jasper I recommend you spend some time going through the tutorial videos in the Jasper Bootcamp to truly unlock the power of this amazing software.
Check out our guide on How to Write a Blog Post Fast in 15 mins Without Losing Quality for more tips to write fast.
If you don’t have time to write content for your political blog, you can always outsource the work to a freelance writer.
There are several websites where you can find freelance writers, such as:
4. Add Images
Make sure to add images to your blog posts. Images can help to break up the text and make your blog posts more visually appealing.
You can source images from a stock photography website:
6. Promote Your Political Blog
Now that you have published your first blog post, it’s time to start promoting your content to get blog traffic.
There are many ways you can promote your political blog:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
One way to promote your political blog is to optimize your blog posts for search engines like Google.
You can do this by including keywords in your blog post title, headings, and throughout the body of your text.
Many factors go into SEO, and it can be a bit confusing to figure out where to start. You can master the more advanced SEO tactics by checking out our SEO Resources.
You can ensure you get the basics of SEO right, by completing the recommendations given by the RankMath plugin.
Another way to promote your blog is to email your subscribers when you publish a new blog post.
You need to build a list of email subscribers and connect it to an email marketing software so that they are emailed automatically.
Check out our Email Marketing resources to learn more.
Social Media Marketing
You can also promote your blog posts on social media.
This is a great way to reach more people and get more traffic to your blog.
When promoting your content on social media, make sure to use images, hashtags, and calls to action.
Guest blogging is when you write a blog post for another website in your niche.
This is a great way to get exposure for your political blog and reach a new audience.
When guest blogging, make sure to link back to your own website in the bio section so that people can find your blog.
7. Monetize & Make Money
Now that you have started to get traffic to your blog, you can start to monetize your blog and make money from it.
One way to monetize your blog is to advertise on your website.
This is a great way to make money if you have a lot of traffic to your blog.
To start advertising on your blog, you can sign up for an ad network like Ezoic (they pay more than Google Adsense). When your blog starts getting more than 100,000 page views a month you can monetize with Adthrive.
|Ad Network||Earnings Per |
1K Impressions (EPM)
Another way to monetize your blog is to participate in affiliate marketing programs.
This is where you promote other people’s products or services on your blog and earn a commission when someone buys through your affiliate link.
For example, if you have a political blog, you could sign up for the Amazon Associates program and promote books on your blog.
You can also create and sell digital products from your blog.
This could be an eBook, an online course, a printable, or anything else that people can download and use.
Selling digital products is a great way to make money from your blog as you don’t have to worry about inventory or shipping.
You can use Teachable if you want to sell video courses. Your students will have a dedicated course members area and a community system to ask questions and interact with each other. If you only want to sell eBooks, you can use SendOwl which lets you sell your digital products and eBooks for free.
You can also sell services from your political blog.
This could be consulting, coaching, or any other service that you offer.
You can also offer freelance writing services to other political blogs and news websites.
Another way to monetize your blog is to write sponsored posts.
A sponsored post is where a brand pays you to write about their product or service on your blog.
This is a great way to make money from your blog, but you need to be careful not to compromise the integrity of your blog by accepting sponsored posts that are not relevant to your audience.
Can anybody start a political blog?
Yes, anybody can start a political blog. You don’t need any special qualifications or experience to start a blog. However, you need to have interest, experience, or knowledge in politics for you to be able to start a successful political blog.
Do political blogs make money?
Yes, political blogs can make money through a variety of monetization methods such as advertising, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, and selling digital products.
How much does a political blog cost?
The cost of starting a political blog varies depending on your domain name, hosting, platform, and other factors. However, you can start a blog for as little as $3 per month.
Can you make money from a political blog?
Yes, you can make money from a political blog through advertising, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, and selling digital products.
Starting a political blog can be a great way to share your thoughts and ideas with the world. It can also be a great way to make money from home.
If you want to become a political blogger, then follow the steps in this guide to get started.
And if you need any help along the way, then feel free to leave a comment and we’ll be happy to help.
Have you started your political blog yet? What type of political blog are you going to start? Let us know in the comments.Share this post with your friends & followers: